68. Annual declaration
(1) Every limited liability partnership shall lodge with the Registrar a declaration, containing the particulars as determined by the Registrar and accompanied by such documents as are required to be included in the declaration, by any two of its partners that in their opinion, the limited liability partnership -
(a) appears as at that date to be able to pay its debts as they become due in the normal course of business; or
(b) does not appear as at that date to be able to pay its debts as they become due in the normal course of business.
(2) The declaration referred to in subsection (1) shall be lodged annually within ninety days from the end of the financial year of the limited liability partnership.
(3) in the case of the first annual declaration, it shall be lodged not later than eighteen months from the date of the registration of the limited liability partnership.
(4) Notwithstanding subsections (2) and (3), the Registrar may, on application by a limited liability partnership and if he thinks fit, grant an extension of time for the lodging of the declaration referred to in subsection (1).
(5) if a limited liability partnership fails to lodge the declaration referred to in subsection (1) within the time or extended time referred to in subsection (2), (3) or (4), as the case may be, the limited liability partnership commits an offence and shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding twenty thousand ringgit and, in the case of a continuing offence, to a further fine not exceeding five hundred ringgit for each day during which the offence continues after conviction.
(6) Any person who makes a declaration referred to in paragraph (1)(a) without having reasonable grounds for his opinion commits an offence and shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding two hundred and fifty thousand ringgit or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or to both.